A great recipe for the Chosan Website, another one from Organic Alex. This time delicious plantain pancakes which go perfectly with chocolate and baobab spread.
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 160g Plantain (or banana)
- 110g Buckwheat flour
- 10g Tapioca flour (optional)
- 120ml Hemp milk
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- Baobab Chocolate Spread for the topping
For this recipe you’ll need a food processor or smoothie maker and a frying pan. It should also only take round 15 minutes to prepare and around 15 mins to make. Though this does depend on the size of your pan and the thickness of the pancakes!
- Use a food processor or smoothie maker to blend together the plantain and hemp milk. Stir in the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. The batter should be easy to pour, so add a little more hemp milk if it is too thick. The tapioca flour helps bind the gluten free buckwheat flour, but you can leave it out if you don’t happen to have any. The plantain does the same thing anyway!
- Heat a small saucepan, add a drop of oil, pour in some of the batter mixture and tip from side to side to coat the pan. Cook on a medium heat until the top looks like it’s nearly cooked, then flip and cook the other side until browned. Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
- Pan fry slices of plantain using a little sunflower oil. Sprinkle in some spices like chilli, allspice or five spice if you want an extra kick.
- Serve on top of the pancakes with a big dollop of chocolate baobab sauce and enjoy.
As always if you have a recipe which uses any of our products please do drop us a line. We’ll credit you with the recipe and link to your site etc. And of course, we’d love to see pictures of any of the recipes you do try.